Monday, May 21, 2012

Hunger Magazine

Here are a series illustrations I did for Rankin's Hunger Magazine. It's a biannual music, fashion, culture and lifestyle magazine. A 500 page mag full of everything artistic + celebrities (actors, musicians). Pretty cool stuff. It's available all over Europe now and hits the States next week (late May, 2012) These are painted on Rives bfk paper done with: Watercolor, Prismacolor Pencil, Acrylics, Water-Soluble Oil Pastels, I did some digital stuff, including helping mask off painted shapes and color correcting. Really fun project Original photograph for reference provided by Rankin. creator/owner of Hunger Magazine

4 comments:

Carlos V. said...

HOLY SHIT!!!!! That Florence and the Machine piece just blew my mind...twice!

Pigosh said...

I love the one with the guitar ! I like the realistic / minimalist mix.

Kyle McCullough said...

Awesome. Great stuff man! Love the new direction your work is going.

hannah Kendall said...

I am speechless. Such beautiful work. xxxx