Sunday, November 20, 2011

Progress


It's been a while since my last post, especial something painted.
Well here you go!
This piece is kicking off a new serious of paintings inspired by vintage poster/tattoo art, while keeping my love for the "painterly" look.
The mediums used thus far have been:
Watercolor Pencils
Colored pencil (Prismacolor)
Acrylic
Water soluble oils (Duo Aqua Oils)
On Rives bfk paper (great stuff but I think my process might be pushing it to the limit with this particular piece)

So far I really like the outcome. I'd say its about 75% done.
I'm starting out by blocking in color with watercolor and acrylics. I've got the skin tone built up to a point that I like. The next step is to bring some life into it by dirtying it up a bit. I'll do this with Oils (water based), some matte medium, and Nue Pastels. Should be very interesting.

OH! This will also have hand done script incorporated in that bottom area I haven't finished yet.
Should be cool if I don't botch the hell out of it!

This piece and a few other will be in a show January 5th in San franCisco along side a number of other outstanding artist. The show is being brought to you by Supersonic Electronic, a fantastic art site. Check it out if you don't know it:

http://supersonicelectronic.com/

The show is being held at Spoke Art gallery
I'll post more on the show VERY soon. Stay tuned

No comments: