Thursday, January 27, 2011

Tachyon Monster



I couldn't sleep about 2 nights ago so I started painting. Usually I plan out every brush stroke but this was more about relaxing and just letting things happen.
This was a piece I started a few months back but only got the face %70 rendered out. I got inspired and decided to fuck it up...In a good way

it's watercolor
Prismacolor pencil
acrylics
on Rives BFK paper (tan)

I used tape to distress areas. If I made a mistake, I just went with it, rather then stressing about sloppiness or refined detail.
The piece started out as more of a rectangle but as time went by I started to see it more as a square, so I cropped it. It feels better to me.
Hope you like it.... Well I guess I don't really care, I'm not even sure how I feel about it yet.
...But I think I love it

8 comments:

szitta said...

I like this a lot man. Keep playing around and pushing this direction. Maybe try using other non tradition media and see what sort of effects you can get.

Kyler Dannels said...

Liberated and shooting (accurately) from the hip in the best way - awesome.

FML said...

make sure you get sleep though.

davidgoughart said...

good stuff-I'm in the same neighborhood of not giving a toss right now, so I can see the intent-who else is going to care right? I really like where you are going.

Kyle McCullough said...

this is awesome man, love the areas of distress and the overall feel to it. You should try doing more like these, I would be interested to see what happens again.

-kyle

Justin Volz said...

Gotta say man this is one of my favorite pieces of yours. I'm really digging the spontaneity

David Faure-Marcilhac said...

I realy love this one and sorry if you need to become insomniac !

David Faure-Marcilhac said...
This comment has been removed by the author.