Sunday, July 25, 2010

Tata Gala ad


This ad is made for print not the web so the text is a bit hard to read in your screen I'm sure.
This was a really challenging piece and it's a piece that I believe captures the new direction my fine art work is gravitating to, blending soft traditional reading with stark colored geometric shapes that move the eye around the figure. I'm really digging the whole idea, now I just have to perfect the craft. Expect a lot more of this in the future!!
It's its 22"x30"...I think
Done on Rives bfk paper, white.
Watercolor, prismacolor pencil, acrylic, water based oils
Then a layer of gel matte medium.
I'm not crazy about the way this scanned in, the original in person looks much better.
Come to the Tata Gala and you'll see, ha
If you haven't read the last post I made (the call for entries) let me recap..
TATA GALA!!!! visit the site and follow the call for entries guidelines.
And all for a good cause. Pass the word around and get to work on your Tata piece!!!

5 comments:

Daniel said...

This is awesome.

Adam Tamte Volker said...

nice stuff Eric, organic VS geometric. All the best with the show, it's a tradition.

-Tamte

Craig Phillips said...

Its a wonderful poster! Looks a little like a 60's or 70's movie poster.

Alejandro Gonzalez said...

Great new poster. better than last year's!

miyi li said...

I'm glad Kreayshawn is the poster girl for the event c: