Tuesday, July 07, 2009

COMICS AND CARDS



Yes!!!! a new post
sorry for the lack of post, I've actually been doing a bunch of comic covers recently. But unfortunately I cant show them until they are published
So in the mean time here are some of the covers that I've done. I know these are older images but I just got around to shooting the actual printed covers....get off my back

Also I finally got around to creating a new card (which I'm actually really proud of)
the last few cards have been ultra simple on the backside(name, email). I do really like simple design but I just felt like I needed to say more. I thought this was an attractive solution.
I really don't know dick about design but for those of you who are starting out in this business make sure you leave the backside of the card in a matte finish.
this will let potential clients mark the card and write notes on how awesome you are
I was inspired by a number of business cards I found in a book called The Best Of Business Card Design 8

In used Times New Roman for the font. I felt this was appropriate for the illustration. It has this vintage feel to it but still strongly personifies class with the wright kerning.
Again, I'm not a graphic designer and don't pretend to be. So all of you illustrators out there, do what I say and not what I do, Ask a graphic designer for help when your designing your card/site/identity, because unless you're Sean Chapman, you probably suck......

7 comments:

EL Gato Negro said...

hahahah i like that ending quote, good shit man the covers look great. I saw them at the shop you hack hahah only natural :P . the card looks great and looking forward to the new stuff. stay fresh mang !!

Alejandro Gonzalez said...

Congratulations on the publications, man

Napkin Art Studios said...

Love the comic book covers. REALLY liked my signed copy of Hack/Slash, too. Anxious to see what our show looks like on the walls!

luis espinosa said...

your card is freakin sexy! congrats on your success man.

Tony Cabrera said...

Sean, love the card, adds some function to the card, great idea. Just wanted to share this awesome 2 minute business card video with you, pretty funny, and related to the topic....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YBxeDN4tbk

abby walsh said...

awesome, that you got a solid gig. fuckin good for you! i think i actually like the boat piece best conceptually of all your stuff. just quit an internship that was turning into a nightmare, so it's nice to there's work out there. had to put my shit on hold, but i'm excited to see what i can see. i'll keep watching.

Sean (53AN) Gardner said...

even Sean Chapman sucks




jk